- 2 cups (475 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (85 g) corn syrup
- 3/4 (160 g) cup water
Sour Punch Candy Apples
With Sour Punch® Candy
Makes 5 Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon black food coloring
- Sour Punch Halloween Bats & Pumpkins Candy
- Sour Punch Spooky Straws
01. Stir Sugar, Corn Syrup and Water to Make Candy Dipping
In a medium-sized pot, stir together the sugar, corn syrup and water. Over high heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium. Stir in the food coloring. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to boil until the mixture reaches Hard Crack stage (from 300°–310°). This will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
02. Dip Chocolate-Rimmed Glass in Sprinkles
While the candy coating cooks, prepare the rest of your materials:
- Wash and dry 5 green apples
- Twist the stems out of the apples. Push popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks into the center of each apple.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat generously with cooking spray. Set the baking sheet and your prepared apples near your candy coating.
- Unwrap 6-9 Share Size bags of Sour Patch Bats & Pumpkins and set the candy near your dipping station.
03. Quickly Dip Apples Into Candy Coating
Once the candy coating has reached 300-310 degrees, remove the sugar mixture from the heat.
Quickly dip one apple in the candy coating, rotating the apple in the syrup to fully coat it. Remove the apple from the pot. Be careful, as the coating is very hot!
04. Add Sour Punch Bats & Pumpkins Candy
Quickly stick Sour Punch Halloween Bats & Pumpkins to the candy coating. Work fast, as the candy coating cools very quickly.
If the coating hardens too quickly and you’d still like to apply more candy, use a small spoon to drop a bead of coating on one side of a Sour Punch Bat or Pumpkin, like glue. Quickly press the candy to the coated apple.
Transfer to the baking sheet to cool completely.
05. Wrap Sour Punch Spooky Straw Around Apple Stick
Wrap a Sour Punch Spooky Straw around the stick of the apple by pressing one end of the straw into the base of the stick so that it adheres. Coil the candy up the stick, and then press the top of the straw into the stick.
Create new thrilling traditions to pass on for all Hallows’ Eve to come. The Sour Punch Haunted House is a great activity to try with all your favorite little ghouls and goblins.
A candy apple a day keeps the monsters away! This fall, have a blast creating your own candy apples with Sour Punch Spooky Straws and Bats & Pumpkins as the decorations.
Sour Punch Halloween Grape Mocktail: Fill the cauldron with a delicious seasonal mocktail. The Sour Punch Grape Mocktail is a fun beverage option for Halloween parties or scary movie nights.
Bats and Pumpkins and No Bake Pie, oh my!
Spider webs aren’t so scary when they are this sweet! Create these unique sour treats for your little goblins.
Slightly sweet. Slightly sour. Very spooky! Enjoy this Halloween themed classic dessert with Sour Punch Bats & Pumpkins